Antarcticine is a glycoprotein. It is classed as a protein derivative and is used as a skin-conditioning agent. It is obtained as an exopolymer, which is formed during cell growth on a gelatin base. The resultant exopolymer showed the most amazing benefits when used in skin care preparations. Extensive tests also showed that Antarcticine has no negative side effects or any toxic effects; nor did it cause any irritation.
This exciting new discovery showed the following changes in clinical tests:
- Increased collagen production that leads to a healthier and younger looking skin
- Lessening of wrinkles and lines, which translates into a younger looking face
- Increase in elastin formation, which causes a more vital and elastic skin
- Increase in hydration and moisture of the skin
- Improved healing of skin that translates into more rapid repair of any damaged skin